What is the VC Lab Accelerator?
VC Lab runs the leading venture capital accelerator for emerging managers worldwide.
It is a free, intensive, worldwide online program that helps talented and motivated venture capitalists to launch ethical venture capital firms.
The goal of the 16-week program is for participants to complete a close with Limited Partners in 6 months or less.
VC Lab provides fund-building structure, proven advice, mentorship and peer support to reduce the barriers of entry to the low-transparency and high-cost world of venture capital.
Our Typical Weekly Schedule
- Meeting the community of emerging managers and leaders in VC industry
- Drafting the investment thesis
- Reflecting on the team and required roles
- Quantifying the network
- Examining track record
- Identifying future portfolio companies
- Validating your investment thesis with experts
- Preparing initial pitching materials
- Developing your brand and identity
- Defining the fund details
- Creating a world-class presentation
- Selecting crucial tools and platforms
Initial Pitch Meetings
- Pitching LPs for feedback
- Starting relationship tracking and management
Fund Presentation Review
- Validating your presentation with experts
- Securing initial PACT LP commitments
- Refining the economic model for your fund
- Defining the terms of the fund
Fund Overview & Deal Room
- Continuing to pitch LPs
- Optimizing fund terms
Pitch Meetings & Funnel
- Building LP funnel
- Preparing for diligence on upcoming investments
- Validating your fundraising progress with experts
- Forming industry partnerships for deal flow and credibility
- Identifying legal support
Fund Closing Strategy
- Formulate a strategy to close the fund
- Drafting the term sheet
- Finalize Team Agreements
- Begin forming the fund entities
Fund Close & Graduation
- Starting the process of closing your fund
Apply to Cohort 13
The Early Admissions Deadline is October 9th, 2023.