Join the YC of VC
TRANSFORMING VENTURE CAPITAL INTO A FORCE FOR
WHAT IS VC LAB?
VC Lab is the YC of VC, the world’s leading venture capital accelerator. VC Lab is transforming venture capital into a global force for good. We offer a free 16-week program for new and emerging fund managers globally, dedicated to creating top performing firms. Our proven methodology and ongoing program enhancements help managers close on capital in an average of 6 months with fewer mistakes and less stress.
Snapshot as of Nov, 2023
Cohorts completed in 38 months
VC Firms Accelerated
Portfolio Up Rounds
Pre-Seed or Seed Stage
International VC Firms
WHY VC LAB?
VC Lab is the accelerator of choice for top managers. Why?
- Speed: Managers are closing on capital from a cold start in 5.7 months
- Results: Funds are launching with positive returns and no J curve
- Network: Participants join an active and supportive global community
- Mentorship: Leading subject matter experts are available to assist
- Resources: Templates, tools, formation and back office are provided
HOW DOES VC LAB WORK?
VC Lab’s Accelerator Program spans 16 weeks, with each week dedicated to a facet of fund-building. Here’s an overview:
- Focus areas every 4 weeks on Thesis, Materials, Financials and Closing
- Weekly Expert Webinars and separate AMAs with peer interactions
- Weekly fund-building Sprints that require ~25 hours to complete
- Regular pitching of Limited Partners throughout the program
WHAT IS ETHICAL VENTURE CAPITAL?
Ethical Venture Capital (EVC) reinvents the traditional VC framework, which has been confined to a few major cities and driven by generalists focusing solely on financial gains. EVC champions a more sustainable approach by promoting market and geographic specialization and adhering to the ethical guidelines of the Mensarius Oath. The results show superior returns and a positive global impact.
WHAT DOES VC LAB LOOK FOR?
VC Lab’s Accelerator Program is designed for individuals ready to close a fund as a general partner. Program participants include:
- Exited Founder: Experienced entrepreneurs who’ve successfully exited a startup and have a deep understanding of the startup journey.
- Successful Angel: Individuals who’ve invested in multiple successful startups and have generated positive returns.
- Famous Individual: High-profile personalities with a broad network and influence, eager to invest in meaningful ventures.
- Top Executive: High-ranking professionals with a track record in notable organizations, possessing industry insights and connections.
- Ecosystem Leader: Those managing extensive professional networks, looking to leverage their connections for funding.
- Venture Capitalist: Professionals with VC experience and management of funds for limited partners, planning to launch their own fund.
Apply to Cohort 13
The Admissions Deadline is November 20th, 2023.
We follow the Mensarius Oath, an ethical code of conduct for venture capitalists to foster positive outcomes in society.
All VC Lab participants publicly agree to the The Mensarius Oath, ensuring that everyone has aligned values.
Alumni Success Stories
David Alvo Verdugo
Without the program, there would be no Impacta VC
How did VC Lab help you launch your fund?
From creating a solid thesis to guiding me with strategy and helping me with where to focus. Without the program, there would be no Impacta VC.
What did you enjoy most about the VC Lab program?
Hearing the mentors’ stories and the intensity of the program (and Epic Sprints!) helped me reach my highest levels of productivity.
VC Lab was instrumental for me
VC Lab was instrumental for me. I had extensive experience in angel investing, but no knowledge of building a venture firm. VC Lab helped me to avoid any pitfalls and steered me to best practices, which allowed me to save significant time and launch my firm in just a few months.
I really enjoyed the high intensity, detailed curriculum, and high bar.
A conducive environment to learn and practice
VC Lab reminds me of the TV show called “Forged In Fire” where bladesmiths recreate historical edged weapons in a cutthroat competition. The show gives aspiring bladesmiths a chance to be the best they can be, a conducive environment to learn and practice in, all the necessary tools and equipment to forge a masterpiece, caring world class experts to guide, mentor, and give brutally honest and constructive feedback, a testing arena to validate their creation, and a competitive atmosphere to push everyone to attain their best. This is what VC Lab is all about but even better. I also get to collaborate, share, and learn with my workgroup and entire cohort of a new breed of future fund managers and ethical change makers. Thank you VC Lab!
Transparent, ethical, and aspires to the highest standards in governance
The VC Lab program is a transformative experience if you are truly interested in starting a venture capital fund that is focused on the ideals you cherish, and for which you believe the time has arrived. It is a tight 16-week program that is focused on getting to the first-close – full of vignettes, best practices, and lessons in fund formation and outreach techniques. It is transparent, ethical, and aspires to the highest standards in governance. I would like to thank the VC Lab leadership – Adeo Ressi, Mike Suprovici, Sonia Piórek, and Christina Vernali – for their deep commitment to the program and for democratizing the principles and practices in venture fund formation. Their work is making an impact on a truly global scale.
IMPORTANT RESOURCES + INSIGHTS
Venture capital expertise distilled: Barry Eggers elucidates the intricacies of managing controversial deals, navigating the current market, and the strategic integration of emerging talent in decision-making roles within the VC landscape….
Decile Hub is the leading venture capital platform to grow and manage next generation firms. The platform has integrated functionality similar to DocSend, DocuSign, SquareSpace, Slack, and Affinity, as well as a venture…