VC Lab, the leading free accelerator program, continues to innovate on helping managers launch and build enduring venture capital firms with Cohort 11. New and emerging managers are guided to close on capital in an average of 5.7 months – three times faster than industry norms. By offering a robust, battle-tested curriculum of weekly closing activities, providing mentorship sessions with leading VC talent, conducting informative weekly AMAs, and cultivating a supportive community, VC Lab is raising the bar. It doesn’t end there. With free market-leading tools to build and manage a VC firm, the program covers all bases.
VC Lab’s program is tailored to support various types of new and emerging managers. From angel investors looking to expand their portfolio to successful entrepreneurs and professionals wanting to leverage their network and skills in the VC space, the program is versatile and inclusive. It’s also designed for those with deep sector knowledge who are considering transitioning into venture capital and those with family offices intending to professionalize their investment activities. More and more fund of funds have been enrolling to close quickly and also to scout top talent to back.
Who Should Apply?
VC Lab’s program is tailored to support various types of new and emerging managers. From angel investors looking to expand their portfolio to successful entrepreneurs and professionals wanting to leverage their network and skills to make world-class investments, the program is versatile and inclusive. It’s also designed for those with deep sector knowledge who are considering transitioning into venture capital and those with family offices intending to professionalize their investment activities.
More and more fund of funds have been enrolling in the VC Lab accelerator to close quickly and also to scout top talent.
What’s New in Cohort 11?
The exciting launch of Cohort 11 brings with it a slew of enhancements, designed to elevate the experience of venture capitalists. These include:
- – Launch of Decile Capital, a fund of funds to invest in the top managers graduating from the program.
- – An industry-leading suite of free back-office tools, including a world-class CRM, deal management, real-time expert Q&A, fund accounting, and a turnkey LP portal.
- – Expansion of a dedicated track for emerging managers working on Fund II and Fund III, offering best practices to achieve top decile performance.
- – Introduction of a specialized track on blockchain, decentralized finance, web3, and crypto to help managers launch innovative and ethical funds in these burgeoning sectors.
- – The creation of exclusive Working Groups for top managers with exceptional backgrounds, such as high-performing angels, leading venture capitalists, and C-suite executives.
Free Platform for VC
Decile Hub, exclusive to VC Lab’s enrolled venture capitalists, is an industry-leading platform that provides a competitive advantage through deal sharing, LP discovery, and an expert knowledge base. The platform, used by over 400 firms monthly, manages over 55,000 distinct limited partners, who contribute nearly $50 million each month to VC firms on the platform. With offerings including a comprehensive CRM, deal management, real-time expert Q&A, fund accounting, and a turnkey LP portal, Decile Hub streamlines venture capital operations. Its new functionality, such as LP discovery and intra-firm deal-sharing, facilitate cooperation and community within the venture capital ecosystem.
How to Apply?
VC Lab is poised to receive up to 3,000 applications for Cohort 11, and we plan to accept 200 before the program starts on June 1st, 2023. To stand out, ensure you have a strong application. Some areas to stand out in the application process include:
- 1. A memorable paragraph on your background that explains why you are uniquely suited to build a venture capital firm, sharing something interesting about you.
- 2. A well formed fund Thesis with a clear value add that shows you have put thought into your fund.
- 3. The ability to 40 hours or more per week of work into closing your fund as needed, since closing can be time consuming.
- 4. A realistic assessment of your actual needs from a program like VC Lab to start a fund.
- 5. A strong video where you look and sound professional about why you are uniquely suite to be a venture capitalist and any you are passionate about launching the fund.
If you get one of the coveted spots int he program, you will need to publicly share a commitment to the Mensarius Oath of ethical investing. Remember, admissions are competitive – so make your application shine.
Let’s Change the World
VC Lab is resolute in turning venture capital into a force for good, backing companies that truly matter. We invite those of you with the vision to effect change through finance to join Cohort 11. With an unwavering commitment to help, we offer this program completely free of charge.